Welcome, Coaches, to the 2019-2020 Debate Season!
1. Our first Public Forum tournament is Saturday, October 12th at Beacon High School (522 W. 44th Street). If your team plans to participate, please register here by Monday, 5:00pm, October 7th.
2. Each student MUST fill out a permission slip before the tournament. They will only have to complete it once for the year. The form can be found here: https://www.tfaforms.com/348080
To check who has already filled it out, go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eNPjl0g9yszpcHHrqJqjtOv8pPOgdZw4_dTTWS9XlN8/edit?ts=5d962280#gid=0
3. Current Topics for Public Forum Debate
-Varsity/Advanced & Junior Varsity/Intermediate: Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative
-Beginners & Novice: The United States should end the death penalty.
4. The date for High School Tournament #2 has changed. The Policy and Public Forum debates will now take place on November 23rd at Bronx Collaborative. We are still waiting for final confirmation but wanted to get this date out immediately for folks.
6. HS Judges this Saturday??? Juniors and Seniors can judge!! We have two tournaments in Harlem and the Bronx - 200+ teams, 400+ debaters!! We need judges!! Have your HS students sign up here - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/debate-2019-2020
7. Travel Team Google Group! For those HS coaches interested in travel - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for travel details. We have a google group, monthly practices, fee waivers on registration fees and tournament coaching for all NYCUDL schools that travel!
Thank you for your participation in New York City Urban Debate League. Your passion and dedication will surely lead to a fantastic year of debate!