1. We are so excited to kick off the HS tournament season this Saturday at Beacon High School (522 West 44th Street)! As a reminder, these are our PF topics:
-Varsity/Advanced & Junior Varsity/Intermediate: Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative
-Beginners & Novice: The United States should end the death penalty.
2. Registration is open for our Policy Debate tournament on October 26th at Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences (1830 Shore Blvd, Brooklyn). To register, click here. Permission slips for each student can be filled out here.
3. Our first professional development event is right around the corner as we gear to kick off another year of learning, collaborating and networking at our NYCUDL Debate Educators Conference (DebateCon) on November 5th, Election Day. The conference is located at our UDL office, located at 25 Broadway in lower Manhattan from 9:00am to 3:00pm. To RSVP, you can visit here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/debate-con-xiii-fall-2019-conference-for-nyc-debate-educators-tickets-63531889592
4. If you have ideas on what you want to learn at DebateCon and/or would like to present, please feel free to take a minute (it's pretty simple) to fill out our survey.
You can visit our survey on this webpage: http://bit.ly/UDLDebateConSessionsSurvey
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to contact Program Director Aubrey Semple at email@example.com
5. The locations for Tournament #2 on November 23rd have been updated. Public Forum will be at NEST+M (111 Columbia Street, Manhattan), and Policy will be at Bronx Collaborative (100 W. Mosholu Blvd S.).