Hi Everyone! Hope everyone has a great weekend!! A few things to end this week!!
1. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR ATTENDING MS TOURNAMENT #4!!! Thank you to 266 and WHEELS for hosting!!! Thank you to 48 schools, 530 students, 221 judges and volunteers, and over 40 staff, interns and tournament volunteers!! This amazing turnout despite snow, wind, rain - was so inspirational!! Thank you everyone for an incredible turnout!!! Click here for our Tournament Blog page!
2. This Monday is Debate Con! Sign up now if you have not already!! Full day of workshops, breakfast, lunch, happy hour, debate networking and more. Theme for this Debate Con is on student-led debate programs. How you can empower your students to lead practices, coach your younger debaters, help you administer the team, recruit other debaters - take all the work off your hands! Sign up here! Schedule of Sessions - https://nycudljanuarydebateeducator2019.sched.com/
1. Middle School Tournament #4 Results!
Click below for complete results, tournament photos, and tournament videos for Middle School Tournament #4!
2. Winter Debate Con IS MONDAY January 28th! Click here to sign up!
Ask your Principal about January 28th which is Chancellor Professional Development Day!!! Teachers have the day just for Professional Development! Students have the day off! With permission, many teachers attend our Debate Educator Conferences instead of in-house school based professional development. Additionally, we are always looking for guest speakers and workshop leaders! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Breakfast, Lunch, Happy Hour, Networking, and great workshops all day long. Sign Up Now!!!! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/winter-debate-con-2019-conference-for-debate-educators-debate-con-xi-tickets-49553979286
3. Middle School Tournament #5 (Saturday, February 9th) Registration is Open!!! Deadline is always the Monday of the week of the Tournament!! You can register "TBA" entries, just don't be late after Monday!
4. Middle School States Championships Bids Updates!!!
At City Championships, each high school can send two teams per division and per event! Totally up to you what teams!!! Have your own mini tournament! Select based on overall record!! or other method! For State Champs however, it is through "bids" - at least 2 winning record tournaments... with the same partner!! More info and bid list on our State Champs website - https://www.debate.nyc/the-new-york-state-debate-championship.
5. Digital Debate Public Forum Debate Class!!! Now Live!!!
6. 2018-2019 Tournament Calendar! Save the dates!
We have a new calendar system on our website so you can add the Tournament Calendar to your Google Calendar, iCalendar or other feeds. As well as share via social media, Email, etc. Each tournament location is also linked to Google Calendar for directions. And you will also see a button that takes you to Tabroom.com to register for that tournament. Visit our Middle School Calendar: https://www.debate.nyc/ms-calendar