Hi Everyone! Happy Winter Break everyone!
|March 16th-17th||City Championships. Public Forum Debate @ Hamilton Grange MS; Parliamentary & Congressional Debate @ PS 161|
|April 6th-7th||Institute for Environmental Learning (Bronx)|
1. Registration Open for Middle School City Championships! Saturday March 16th-March 17th. Click here for locations, dates, Google Maps and Registration! Every NYCUDL Middle School can send 4 teams maximum! And maximum of 2 teams per division ie cannot have all 4 of your teams in Novice! Also all invoices and membership fees must be paid for by the Monday registration deadline of the Tournament!!!!!!
2. State Champs Date Change!! Now April 6th- 7th!! We finally have confirmed a host and so with that is a date change. Thank you so much to Ms. Weems, Coach of the MS/PS 15 Institute for Environmental Learning and NYCUDL Board Member for hosting! The MS State Champs will now be on the same date as the HS State Champs on April 6th-7th (Saturday-Sunday). Address and Google Maps on our website calendar page - https://www.debate.nyc/ms-calendar.
1. Middle School City Championships Registration is Open! Deadline is always the Monday of the week of the Tournament!! You can register "TBA" entries, just don't be late after Monday!
2. Middle School States Championships Bids Updates!!!
At City Championships, each high school can send two teams per division and per event! Totally up to you what teams!!! Have your own mini tournament! Select based on overall record!! or other method! For State Champs however, it is through "bids" - at least 2 winning record tournaments... with the same partner!! More info and bid list on our State Champs website - https://www.debate.nyc/the-new-york-state-debate-championship.
3. Digital Debate Public Forum Debate Class!!! Now Live!!! Access for Saudi Arabia Topic Resources!
PUBLIC FORUM TOPIC ONLINE RESOURCES FOR SAUDI ARABIA TOPIC. We have created a digital debate classroom for each of the monthly PF topics. You can find plug and play resources for your debate practices or send students directly the registration information below to access - (a) Powerpoint Lectures on the topic; (b) Sample Speeches that can be used at the tournament for both speakers; (c) Games on topic vocabulary and readings; (d) videos; (e) curated articles and more. Since the March topic for high school is different, this may not be available for March which will be Financial Literacy. But will return for the April topic for sure. Would love your feedback on this new resource for teachers and students. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if any issues on registering for the class.
4. 2018-2019 Tournament Calendar! Save the dates!
We have a new calendar system on our website so you can add the Tournament Calendar to your Google Calendar, iCalendar or other feeds. As well as share via social media, Email, etc. Each tournament location is also linked to Google Calendar for directions. And you will also see a button that takes you to Tabroom.com to register for that tournament. Visit our Middle School Calendar: https://www.debate.nyc/ms-calendar