Hi Everyone! City Champs Registration is due today (Monday) by 5pm!!!!
Also, a huge shout out to all the Middle Schools attending the Westchester Classic this weekend and sweeping so many awards in both Parliamentary Debate and Public Forum Debate!! Definitely encourage all middle schools to attend the Westchester Classic which is in March each year at Lakeland High School. Incredible way to finish the debate season by taking your Great Debaters to an overnight debate invitational tournament! Click here for the complete results of the tournament!
CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS COMING WEEKEND!!! Every registered NYCUDL middle school can send TWO TEAMS, PER DIVISION TO THE CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS AT PS 161/HAMILTON GRANGE! You can register additional debaters in Congressional Debate. For more information check out our website - www.debate.nyc. There is a tab called "Tournaments" and a drop down menu that features the monthly tournaments, City Championships, State Championships and every other tournament we have. Which two teams is completely up to coach discretion - the only prequisitie is that both students have participated in at least two tournaments (with each other or different partners). Basically City Championships should not be a student's first tournament!
- 3/10-3/11 (Saturday AND Sunday) - Middle School City Championships. Click here.
- 3/23 (Friday!!!) - Girls Debate Tournament. Click here.
- 4/21-4/22 (Saturday AND Sunday) - Middle School State Championships. Click here.
- 4/28 - Technology Debates. Click here.
- 6/7 - Spring Debate Educators Conference (Debate Con) & Coach Meeting Happy Hour (Coach Con). Click here.
1. Middle School City Championships (3/10-3/11). Each school is invited to register up to 2 teams per division and per debate event! REGISTER BY 5PM TONIGHT!!!!!
March Parliamentary Debate Topics
March Public Forum Debate Topic
Resolved: On balance, the current Authorization for Use of Military Force gives too much power to the president.
March Congressional Debate Topics
2. Public Forum December Resources on our Google Drive for School Members!
The new resources for public forum topic will be uploaded and we will continue to update with new materials.
3. Need Help? Schedule an Outreach Visit, Phone, Email, Chat with our Program Coordinators
Schedule a visit to your debate practice! Chat on the phone about any help needed! Email us questions! Need someone to talk to!! Then contact your borough program coordiantor!
- Bronx - Loretta Brady (Loretta@debate.nyc)
- Harlem/Manhattan - Tyler Beattie (Tyler@debate.nyc)
- Brooklyn/Queens - Courtney Kaufman (Courtney@debate.nyc)
- Program Director - Aubrey Semple (Aubrey@debate.nyc)
4. Middle School Debate Topics
a. Parliamentary Debate. Click here for latest topics.
b. Public Forum Debate. Click here for latest topics.
1. Middle School Tournament Calendar and Registration (Public Forum, Parliamentary)
Click here to register for upcoming tournaments and events on our Middle School Calendar You can register now for tournaments. The deadline is the Wednesday at 5:00pm the week of the tournament to make any more additions. We do have to close the tournament on Wednesday because we have to make final decisions on food orders, judge numbers, and building space issues. You can also view all Tournament Results.
- October 7th - Middle School Touranment #1
- November 11th - Middle School Tournament #2
- December 2nd - Middle School Tournament #3
- January 6th - Middle School School Tournament #4
- February 10th - Middle School Tournament #5
- March 10th-11th - 18th - CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS
- April 21st - 22nd - STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
2. Middle School State Championships Bid List. * Students qualified for State Championships
3. Getting our Updates? Our Weekly Newsletter and Social Media Updates
- Weekend Newsletter: If you haven't checked out or subscribed to our weekly newsletter, please click here
- Weekly Coach Blasts: http://blog.debate.nyc/middle-school-coach
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/nycudl
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/nycdebateleague
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/nycdebateleague
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2841859/admin/updates/
4. Got Resoures? Check out our Debate Resources Page (Need to be a member of the NYCUDL)
5. Have you signed up for Debate Con?
Click here to sign up for our Coach Training sessions which occur on Chancellor Professional Development Days. Besides an awesome day of workshops, resources and training. Its our chance four times a year to CELEBRATE YOU with good food, good snacks, good conversations, and inspiring guest speakers! And contact us if interested in teaching at any of our Teacher Conferences.
Thank You for your support to make debate accessible for all!