Happy Wednesday, Coaches! If you haven't done so yet, take a moment to check out our photos from MS Tournament #1 on the NYCUDL Flickr.
1. Middle School Tournament #2 will take place on Saturday, November 9th (Public Forum at Far Rockaway Education Complex, Parliamentary at M.S. 821 - Sunset Park Prep). You can register here.
Each student MUST fill out a permission slip before the tournament. They will only have to complete it once for the year. The form can be found here.
To check who has already filled permission slips out, go here.
2. Current Topics for Parliamentary Debate
-This House believes it is unethical to eat meat.
-This House believes a government should have the right to spy on its own citizens.
-This House would require metal detectors in schools.
3. Current Topics for Public Forum Debate
-Varsity/Advanced & Junior Varsity/Intermediate: Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative
-Beginners & Novice: The United States should end the death penalty.
4. Our first professional development event is right around the corner. Will we see you on Election Day at NYCUDLDebateEducators Conference (DebateCon)? The conference is on Tuesday, November 5th and located at our UDL office, 25 Broadway in lower Manhattan, from 9:00am to 3:00pm. To RSVP, you can visit here.
5. If you have ideas on what you want to learn at DebateCon and/or would like to present, please feel free to take a minute to fill out our survey.
You can visit our survey on this webpage: http://bit.ly/UDLDebateConSessionsSurvey
If you have any questions and/or concerns, contact Program Director Aubrey Semple at firstname.lastname@example.org