Hello Coaches, please note the tournament location change - see below:
1. Middle School Tournament #2 will take place on Saturday, November 9th (PUBLIC FORUM VENUE CHANGED to Hunter's Point Community Middle School in Long Island City, Parliamentary still at M.S. 821 - Sunset Park Prep). You can register here.
Each student MUST fill out a permission slip before the tournament. They will only have to complete it once for the year. The form can be found here.
To check who has already filled permission slips out, go here.
2. Current Topics for Parliamentary Debate
-This House believes it is unethical to eat meat.
-This House believes a government should have the right to spy on its own citizens.
-This House would require metal detectors in schools.
3. Current Topics for Public Forum Debate
-Varsity/Advanced & Junior Varsity/Intermediate: Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative
-Beginners & Novice: The United States should end the death penalty.
4. Will we see you on Election Day at DebateCon? The conference is on Tuesday, November 5th and located at our UDL office, 25 Broadway in lower Manhattan, from 9:00am to 3:00pm. To RSVP, you can visit here.
5. If you have topic ideas for DebateCon and/or would like to present, please feel free to fill out our survey.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, contact Program Director Aubrey Semple at email@example.com
6. Check out this NEW Post-Tournament Lesson Plan by clicking here.