Thanks to everyone who attended Middle School Tournament #1 this past Saturday. You can find the results here.
1. Middle School Tournament #2 will take place on Saturday, November 9th (Public Forum at Far Rockaway Education Complex, Parliamentary at M.S. 821 - Sunset Park Prep). You can register here.
Each student MUST fill out a permission slip before the tournament. They will only have to complete it once for the year. The form can be found here: https://www.tfaforms.com/348080
To check who has already filled permission slips out, go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eNPjl0g9yszpcHHrqJqjtOv8pPOgdZw4_dTTWS9XlN8/edit?ts=5d962280#gid=0
2. Current Topics for Parliamentary Debate
-This House believes it is unethical to eat meat.
-This House believes a government should have the right to spy on its own citizens.
-This House would require metal detectors in schools.
3. Current Topics for Public Forum Debate
-Varsity/Advanced & Junior Varsity/Intermediate: Resolved: The European Union should join the Belt and Road Initiative
-Beginners & Novice: The United States should end the death penalty.
4. Our first professional development event is right around the corner as we gear to kick off another year of learning, collaborating and networking at our NYCUDLDebateEducators Conference (DebateCon) on November 5th, Election Day. The conference is located at our UDL office, located at 25 Broadway in lower Manhattan from 9:00am to 3:00pm. To RSVP, you can visit here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/debate-con-xiii-fall-2019-conference-for-nyc-debate-educators-tickets-63531889592
5. If you have ideas on what you want to learn at DebateCon and/or would like to present, please feel free to take a minute (it's pretty simple) to fill out our survey.
You can visit our survey on this webpage: http://bit.ly/UDLDebateConSessionsSurvey
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to contact Program Director, Aubrey Semple at firstname.lastname@example.org