National Scholarship opportunity in honor of Richard Holland and his passion for helping others. Applications accepted through March 15th. $2500 scholarship, renewable for up to three years. Visit the link below for more information.http://www.rjhollandscholarship.org/
Excerpted from the Website (http://www.rjhollandscholarship.org/)
- 3.5 GPA (on 4.0 scale for High School applicant) or 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale for College applicant)
- Plan to enroll or be enrolled in full time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire academic year.
- Prior academic performance, as reflected in grade point average.
- Performance on standardized aptitude tests such as SAT and ACT.
- Demonstrated leadership and personal attributes.
- Applicant’s goals and aspirations.
- Extracurricular activities, awards and recognition, special talents, and other noteworthy activities.
- Recommendation from a teacher and/or coach.
- Recommendation from a peer.
- Community Service.
- Work History.
- Financial need.
Applications will be accepted online starting January 1 through March 15, annually.
- The Holland Family Legacy Foundation will appoint the scholarship selection board.
- The National Forensic League will notify the recipient of the scholarship by May 1.
- The scholarship award may be used for undergraduate tuition and fees only.
- Funds will be distributed directly to the school and split evenly between fall and spring semesters.
- The selection board is not required to award a scholarship in a particular year if the board believes there are not enough qualified applicants.
- If the recipient is unable to accept the award, the board may select an alternate recipient.
- Completed online application
- 3-5 minute speech (uploaded on YouTube)
- Tell us something you are passionate about and why?
- Written Essay (500 word maximum, choose one of the following)
- You are stuck at an airport for 8 hours. What would you do with the time while you are in the airport?
Include 3 of following words in your essay. (spray, can, phone, ball, tile, wheel, hot, horn, card, alien).
- You are in charge of the first human colony on Mars and must form a government.
What is the first law you would enact and why?
- Peer recommendation
- Explain how the applicant has made an impact on your life.
- Coach or Teacher recommendation
- Explain how the applicant's involvement has impacted others.
- Certification Form - Signed
- Download Certification form.
- Obtain required transcripts.
- Obtain letters of recommendation from both an adult and peer.
- Upload required video essay to YouTube.
- Submit completed application form with all required documents to the Holland Family Legacy Foundation by the submission deadline.
Submission deadline: March 15